If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: Job ID 664
Role: Business Analyst
Location: Chelmsford (UK)
The Business Analyst will be responsible for ensuring internal and external customer’s requirements are extracted, understood and documented. This will be achieved through workshops, business, systems and data analysis and with the support of other members of the GCS team.
The Business Analyst will be expected to carry out the Scrum Role of Proxy Product Owner, attend daily stand ups, write User Stories, lead Backlog Grooming Sessions and own the Product Backlog on their Scrum Projects.
The Business Analyst will be required to complete appropriate requirements, business and change requests documentation. There may also be a need to facilitate and work on other appropriate project documentation.
They will need to work collaboratively and consultatively with various team members and client representatives therefore excellent communication, written skills and adaptability are essential elements of this role.
The role will be of a varied nature and there may also be an opportunity to include testing, report production, user training and assisting in project management tasks.
· Conduct analysis and collate findings for proposed solutions using various communication methods.
· Actively contribute to GCS’ IT solutions by problem solving, business process reengineering, system design etc.
· Analyze and document existing business processes, and propose (where appropriate) changes to optimise current business processes.
· Conduct data analysis where appropriate to facilitate requirements or expose system issues.
· Plan and schedule work to deliver on time, or highlight to the management team when this is not possible.
· Work with minimal supervision and exercise initiative
· Prioritise and schedule work, managing workflow to achieve operational targets and meet customer need.
· Take responsibility for Quality Issues and follow all applicable Quality processes.
· Identify opportunities for custom development and working with team representatives in identifying requirements and developing business specifications / user stories.
· Work collaboratively and consultatively with the various teams and client representatives to identify exploitation opportunities for enhancement of business processes.
· Write documentation where required including work instructions for all tasks within role
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Customer facing experience
· Experience using MS Office applications.
· Gathering, analysis and documentation of user requirements through the production of Business Requirements Specifications, User Stories, Functional Specifications including Process and Data Flow diagrams.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
· Understanding of project life cycles and project management methodologies
· Understanding of software development life cycles and software development methodologies.
· SQL Server
Other useful Skills
· Working knowledge of Scrum, Scrum ceremonies and role of PO in Scrum.
Anticipated Position Composition
Business Analysis – 60%
Scrum duties (Attending ceremonies, Backlog Grooming, Writing User Stories) – 40%
Regular travel to customer offices is expected