If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: RR 0878
Location: Kraków (Poland)
Based in our Krakow office, the DevOps will be responsible for the design, implementation and day-to-day running of a specific suite of applications. The role will include supporting the practices of continuous integration and continuous delivery and deployment through the automation of application builds and system environments.
The DevOps Engineer will deliver and configure deployment environments tailored to various roles, including live, UAT, development, testing, and operations on actual servers and in virtualized environments.
The DevOps will work with development teams to ensure their applications can be deployed and maintained at scale using automation.
1. Work with the Scrum to deliver secure, high performance and functional apps
2. Design, develop and deliver high quality automation at every level of the application life cycle
3. Day to day management of the platform
4. Design, Develop and deliver full spectrum application & infrastructure monitoring
5. Identify and suggest improvements to any part of the application delivery and lifecycle
6. Work with teams to establish metrics and KPIs for each product's implementation and adoption to the CI and CD pipeline and processes
7. Work with Product teams to ensure DevOps CI and CD implementation and adoption policies and best practices are enforced and measured
· Solid experience as a software developer using languages such as, Python, Bash, scripting, JAVA
· Proficient using Container Technologies such as Docker
· Expert systems administration skills using Linux (Preferably Ubuntu)
· Excellent skills with configuration tools preferably Ansible
· Experience working with high scale, high performance web facing applications
· Experience working with HaProxy or similar load balancer
· Virtualisation experience with VMWare or Similar hypervisor
· Experience working with, deploying and managing Java applications (Preferably with Tomcat/Jboss)
· Solid experience using SCM, preferably SVN & Git
· Experience working with monitoring tools setup and configuration
· Experience of working with Release Engineering tools such as Maven & Jenkins
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL SKILLS
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Have the ability to work both as a self-starter and within a team
· Must be impeccably honest and ethical
· A engineer who is smart, passionate, energetic, and results focused
OTHER DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Architectural experience, designing and tuning application/infrastructure design.
· Windows administration knowledge
· MSSQL Knowledge
· Experience of network Engineering concepts such e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers & CDN’s
OTHER USEFUL SKILLS
Working knowledge of Scrum, Scrum ceremonies and role of DevOps within Scrum.
TRAVEL AND OUT OF HOURS SUPPORT
· Occasional worldwide travel maybe required
· Out of hours on call support maybe required
Please enclose the following statement: "I hereby give consent for the present and future processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents by Clifford Thames Sp. z. o. o., ul. Św. Jana 20, 31–018 Kraków,