Global Build Master
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: Job ID 670
Role: Global Build Master
Location: Chelmsford (UK)
The Global Build Master will monitor the build progress and resolve any issues for a new data and SAAS based solution. These applications require monitoring of status and build progress, resolution of any issues and management / good communication to stakeholders. A candidate for this position should be passionate about service quality and be prepared to advocate good process and best practices.
You must be comfortable working independently as well as part of a collaborative environment. You enjoy the daily challenges associated with supporting enterprise-level software solutions for a highly sophisticated customer base. You have personable skills together with technical understanding.
You must have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about our industry and customer requirements. You are an adept problem solver and thrive in a fast paced environment offering rich learning opportunities. You are an excellent communicator and happy to be customer facing. You are responsible and conscientious.
· Undertake your own SQL data analysis and present your findings
· Management and monitoring of data processing and web service status, issues and queries
· Management of communication with internal and external stakeholders
· Software Configuration Management
· Responsibility for your work in terms of quality, robustness and timely delivery
· Improving and supporting production processes for a number of SQL development projects
· Ensuring the necessary planning is performed to guarantee that the required quality levels, expectations and timescales are met
· Integration of application and services into the GCS Production Team
· Executing build process stages
· Controlling and handling data movement activities
· Ensuring timely build process completion
· Analysing, defining, and developing build progress and process improvements
· Automating the build process to streamline a multi-platform build process and to reduce build and configuration errors
· Ensuring that the build process is scalable and easy to understand
· Clearly documenting the build process and branching strategies
· Working with DEV and QA to ensure build quality
· Troubleshooting broken builds and build environments; working with DEV and QA to quickly resolve build issues
· Working with development team to create an automated deployment process
· Utilizing tools that will unite, automate and monitor the build process
· Designing and developing deploy processes
· Enhance the efficiency of development, testing, and product release processes
· Attend client and third party meetings, and audios at CT Offices and client locations as and when required.
· Creation and maintenance of work instructions where appropriate and supporting production documentation.
· Provide mentoring to colleagues on technical issues in which you are better informed
· Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016
· Minimum of 1 years commercial experience of Microsoft SQL Server
· Understanding of Information Security
· Very good analytical and data analysis skills
· Usage of source code repositories
· Being able to work to tight deadlines
· The management of multiple priorities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enabling effective communication between both internal and external customers
Other Useful Skills
· Experience in automotive industry
· Experience of data migration projects
· Degree in computing or Microsoft Certified Professional
· Experience with Application Monitoring Tools
· Good knowledge of Scrum framework
· Experience of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
· Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
· Minimum of 2 years commercial experience in database systems