Junior IT Project Manager
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: IMS 0740
Role: Junior IT Project Manager
Department: Global Cataloguing Solutions (GCS)
The Junior IT Project Manager will take ownership of allocated change requests (PCRs) and ensure they are delivered on time and to the required quality. They will contribute to all aspects of the project lifecycle, from Project Initiation to Post Release.
The Junior IT Project Manager will be required to build a good working relationship with both internal and external customers and will have excellent interpersonal, organisational, negotiation, motivation and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity whereby the successful candidate will have the opportunity to train in Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall project management methodologies along with excellent career progression prospects.
- Ensure all aspects of the project lifecycle, from project initiation through to post release is managed.
- Managing releases of Clifford Thames software through development, QC and production
- Ensure PCRs are delivered on time and to the required quality.
- Assist in budget control and keeping development hours under control on their assigned projects and change requests
- Communicate highly effectively in all written and verbal forms with project stakeholders (internal and external) and customers. Manage customer expectations.
- Monitor and report progress of project and change requests, highlighting issues and concerns and successes.
- Assist in maintaining and managing lists of risks and issues to avoid adverse impacts on timescales or resource requirements. Actively resolve issues wherever possible.
- Ensure that all required project documentation is maintained.
- Assist in correcting for quality issues and ensure that quality processes are followed.
- Provide input and support for Programme Management activities.
Anticipated Position Composition
- Project Manager – 40%
- Scrum – 30%
- Project Administration – 30%
- Excellent communicator and decision maker
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Can work under pressure and be highly organised
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Experience using MS Office applications
Additional Useful Skills
- Data analysis skills
- Understanding of project life cycles and project management methodologies
- Understanding of software development life cycles and software development methodologies
- Scrum or Waterfall Project Management experience
- SharePoint site administration