Junior Project Manager
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: RR 0957
Role: Junior Project Manager
Location: Chelmsford (UK)
The Junior IT Project Manager will take ownership of allocated change requests and small projects and ensure they are delivered on time and to the required quality. They will contribute to all aspects of the project lifecycle, from Project Initiation to Post Release. The types of request could involve updating web or desktop applications, implementing database changes or data management.
This will be a hands-on-role and will require someone who is willing to ‘roll their sleeves up and get stuck-in’, the successful candidate will be able to manage and own various software releases through development, QC and production. These can be quite technical changes and the successful candidate will need to be someone who does not get fazed by technical language which they may not immediately understand.
Our team has built an excellent reputation with our customers and the Junior Project Manager will need to build credibility with our customers and be an excellent communicator. They will be required to build a good working relationship with both internal and external customers such as Ford, GM and Jaguar Land Rover to manage their expectations effectively.
As a Junior Project Manager you will have excellent interpersonal, organisational, negotiation, motivation and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity whereby the successful candidate will have the opportunity to train in Agile or Waterfall project management methodologies and work with global automotive manufacturers. There are excellent career progression prospects.
Please refer to the Project Manager Competencies check list. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate at least level 1 competencies.
Indicators of success
All projects and change requests are delivered on time and meet their objectives and budget.
Customer and other stakeholders are highly satisfied with the management of the project, demonstrable through high levels of professionalism, communication and evidence of control of the project.
Project team understand their roles, deliverables and the project objectives and are highly engaged, motivated, in achieving project success
Technical skills and Candidate Profile
· Degree in Computer Science, or related subjects
· Experience with MS Office applications
· Minimum 1 year Project Management experience
· Understanding of SDLC
· Will be eligible to live and work in the UK
· Will have a full UK/EU driving licence
· Excellent communicator and decision maker
· Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Can work under pressure and be highly organised
· Be self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Experience using MS Office applications
· Experience of using collaboration software such as SharePoint, Confluence and Teamwork
Qualities and Values
· Enthusiastic and positive – “can do” attitude
· Resourceful and outgoing
· Determined and resilient
· Good sense of judgment
· Driven by desire to deliver projects and contribute to company success
· Demonstrates personal integrity
· Engaging verbal and written communicator
· Motivated by challenges
· The role will be based in Chelmsford, UK
· The role may require 1-2 days a week on client premises
· The project team is based in UK and Poland.
· The role will require occasional travel to Germany, UK and Krakow and other international locations, such as India and USA.