Manager - Applications
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: Job ID 660
Role: Manager - Applications
Location: Kraków (Poland)
Manager- Applications manages a team of software engineers and application development projects within one or more product lines to meet project budget, objectives, testing and implementation. Partners with Product Team and Business Team Leads to understand market requirements and provide recommendations of technical alternatives to best reach company and product goals. Listens to clients through regular communication and meetings, and drives projects to completion based on system and customer requirements. Coaches and develops direct reports.
· Manages and prioritizes application developmental projects within a single or multiple product line for OEConnection business units including but not limited to Collision, Service, and Supply Chain. Monitors objectives, budget, workload, resources and target date variances, and keeps projects on track.
· Communicates with cross functional teams on a regular basis to receive feedback and evaluate and identify alternative technical application solutions.
· Researches and understands the market requirements for a product or products, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues. Suggests technical approaches on projects to the director and other management members.
· Manages a team of software engineers; trains and develops staff to achieve departmental objectives which assists in the company’s growth and the associate’s career development. Provides feedback on performance through both informal and formal review sessions.
· Manages project/product activities including design, implementation, and maintenance of multiple product modules/sub-systems. Develops and implements procedures and controls to guide developmental activities of various projects within the business unit.
· Identifies resource requirements for development activities, and manages multiple concurrent related activities. Suspends and resumes activities as priorities shift, and quantifies risk when contingency planning is needed.
· Serves as primary liaison between Information Technology and other departments within OEConnection when working to achieve goals on a specific product line.
· Coordinates problem verification and resolution, release testing, and support for assigned products.
· Participates in, facilitates, and leads team (internal) and client (external) meetings to set expectations, review timeline and goals, and delegate project responsibility.
· Assists the director with departmental budget as well as strategic and functional plans.
· Removes barriers for software engineers on a proactive basis and researches and resolves roadblocks that may arise during development activities.
Skills and qualifications:
· At least 6 years of progressively responsible software development experience with substantial focus on Microsoft and Internet applications preferred.
· Prior experience in either a project or team lead role with a proven track record of coaching, training and developing direct reports.
· Ability to understand the client, as well as business requirements to provide alternative technical solutions.
· Technical knowledge of software development methodologies, design and implementation.
· Excellent analytical and design skills and strong problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid project planning skills.
· Understanding the entire developmental process for successful development and implementation.