Product Tech Team Leader
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: RR 0882
Role: Product Tech Team Leader
Location: Kraków (Poland)
Reporting to the Product Manager and responsible for their development team, the Software Developer Team Leader is accountable for ensuring high-quality software solutions are delivered and maintained for internal and external clients to the required quality levels, expectations and timescales.
The right candidate will be a solid all round software developer but will have a focus on SQL development. The team has a variety of systems to support however there is a strong focus on Java Applications within the team.
The role may involve supporting the technical production processes as well as working on different development projects. Close liaison with the Service Delivery Manager, Quality Control Manager, Project Managers and senior team members as well as some liaison with both internal and external customers may be required to achieve this.
The individual is also required to take responsibility for their work in terms of quality, robustness and timely delivery. They may be required to undertake their own analysis and present their findings.
- Write documentation at all appropriate levels of the Development lifecycle where required
- Follow all procedures or Work Instructions applicable to the role
- Develop & maintain software solutions using company defined development tools and according to company standards.
- Contribute at all required levels in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Manage and support software deployment processes to QC, UAT and Production environments
Product Planning (15)
- Work with the Programme Manager and senior team members to plan and schedule the work of the product team.
- Work with the Programme Manager to maintain the product roadmap for systems maintained within the product team.
- Work with the Programme Manager to schedule maintenance releases and software updates.
Incident Management (25)
- Schedule and route product incident tickets to available team members and be the escalation point for uncompleted tickets.
Staff Management (10)
- Provide line management and handle personnel matters where required escalating to the Software Development Manager.
- Carry out regular appraisals for staff and provide mentoring of staff.
Software Development Strategy (5)
- Ensure that software is delivered which consistently meets customer requirements and the strategic aims of the business.
- Cooperate with Software Development Manager on infrastructure/server planning activities.
- Maintain product cohesion and direction through considered design and code implementation.
- Assist in defining system configuration requirements for projects and applications
Software Development Best Practice (10)
- Work with senior team members to ensure source code is developed to high standards to allow ease of on-going maintenance.
- Monitor and report progress of development activities, highlighting issues and concerns and successes.
- Ensure relevant developer testing is evidenced for all development deliverables.
- Ensure that good software development processes are documented and followed.
Quality Awareness (10)
- Take responsibility for quality issues and ensure that quality processes are followed.
- Work with team members to resolve software and quality problems
- Produce and execute Unit Test Plans
- Advise software testers on System, Regression and User Acceptance Test plans
Prospects and RFQs (5)
- Produce estimates and timescales where required.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014
· Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005
· Good command of English language
· Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in SQL programming
· Minimum of 3 years commercial experience of Microsoft SQL
· Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
· Excellent analytical and data analysis skills
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP/7
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and above
· Good command of English language
· Excellent communicator and decision maker
· Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Can work under pressure and be highly organised
· Be self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Communicate highly effectively in all written and verbal forms with product team members, other product team leaders and senior managers.
Additional Useful Skills
· Understanding of project life cycles and project management methodologies
· Agile/Scrum experience
· Experience of using source code repositories
Please enclose the following statement: "I hereby give consent for the present and future processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents by Clifford Thames Sp. z. o. o., ul. Św. Jana 20, 31–018 Kraków,