If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: Job ID 729-17.106.0
Role: Project Manager
Location: Chelmsford (UK)
The Project Manager will take ownership of allocated projects and change requests and ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality. They will contribute to all aspects of the project lifecycle, from Project Initiation to Post Release. The types of request could involve updating web or desktop applications, implementing database changes or data management.
They will support the Programme Manager in planning activities, ensuring projects and programmes are being tracked accordingly, budgets achieved and correct processes are being followed.
They will be responsible for maintaining and creating internal Project Management documentation, process flows and Work Instructions. They will also be required to assist the Programme Manager in mentoring and coaching the Junior Project Managers within the team.
Our team has built an excellent reputation with our customers and the Project Manager will need to build credibility with our customers and be an excellent communicator. They will be required to build a good working relationship with both internal and external customers and manage their expectations effectively
As a Project Manager you will have excellent interpersonal, organisational, negotiation, motivation and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity whereby the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with global automotive manufacturers. There are excellent career progression prospects.
Indicators of Success
All projects and change requests are delivered on time and meet their objectives and budget.
Customer and other stakeholders are highly satisfied with the management of the project, demonstrable through high levels of professionalism, communication and evidence of control of the project.
Project team understand their roles, deliverables and the project objectives and are highly engaged, motivated, in achieving project success.
Technical Skills and Candidate Profile
· Degree in Computer Science, or related subjects
· Experience with MS Office applications
· Minimum 3 year Project Management experience
· Understanding of SDLC
· Will be eligible to live and work in the UK
· Will have a full UK/EU driving licence
· Excellent communicator and decision maker
· Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Can work under pressure and be highly organised
· Be self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Experience using MS Office applications
· Experience of using collaboration software such as SharePoint, Confluence and Teamwork
Qualities and Values
· Enthusiastic and positive – “can do” attitude
· Resourceful and outgoing
· Determined and resilient
· Good sense of judgment
· Driven by desire to deliver projects and contribute to company success
· Demonstrates personal integrity
· Engaging verbal and written communicator
· Motivated by challenges
· The role will be based in Chelmsford, UK
· The role may require 1-2 days a week on client premises
· The project team is based in UK and Poland.
· The role will require occasional travel to Germany, UK and Krakow and other international locations, such as India and USA.