Senior SQL Developer
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: RR 0946
Role: Senior SQL Developer
Location: Chelmsford (UK), Krakow (Poland)
Senior SQL Developers are responsible for ensuring that Clifford Thames software solutions are coded to the required quality levels, expectations and timescales and take an active role in technical leadership for the software development team.
The role will involve developing and supporting part catalog project solutions.
Close liaison with the Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s and senior / junior team members as well as some liaison with both internal and external customers will be required to achieve this.
This individual is also required to take responsibility for their work in terms of quality, robustness and timely delivery. The developer may be required to undertake their own analysis and present their findings.
• Work with our Developers and Business Analysts to create and modify our database structure
• Write complex stored procedures
• Proactively monitor and optimize the performance of database queries and recommend indexes
• Manage physical database design, implementation and performance tuning
• Create standards and best practices for database design and development
• Ensure quality data creation, presentation, and flow across systems
• Collaborate with other Database Engineers on code and design reviews
• Understanding of software development lifecycle
• Ability to learn new programming languages and development frameworks
• Ability to analyse complex problems and identify appropriate solutions
• Ability to estimate tasks and write technical documentation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple projects and with customers and team members
• Ability to effectively function as a team player, and organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Adhere to ISO27001 standards
Anticipated Position Composition
• Development 100%
• At least Master’s degree in computer science
• Five years of experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 T-SQL coding
• Five years of experience with SQL Server Integration Services
• Familiar with Agile methodologies
• Mentoring experience
• Positive attitude
• Good command of written and spoken English language
• Experience of using source code repositories
• Microsoft certificate 70-461, 70-464
• Experience leading small dev teams
• POWER SHELL
• Windows Server 2012R2/2016
• Microsoft Azure