Service Delivery Manager
If you have a valid permit to work in the country you would like to apply for a role in please email your CV and covering letter.
Code: RR 0889
Role: Service Delivery Manager
Reports to: GCS Manager
Location: Chelmsford (UK)
The Service Delivery Manager will own and be accountable for customer experience within GCS; they will be the champion for driving service excellence. This will include Customer Relationships, Service Level Management, Service Desk, Service Availability, Customer Financial Management and End User Training. The Service Delivery Manager will also be a member of the Change Advisory Board.
The Service Delivery Manager will be expected to define and then measure meaningful service metrics which can then be used to drive continuous service improvement, tailoring services to meet the specific business needs at a price the business can afford.
The Service Delivery Manager is a full and varied role with responsibility for defining the content of the division’s services, clearly defining the roles and responsibilities of customers, users and CT as a service provider and setting expectations for service quality, availability and timeliness.
Service Level Management
Responsible for identifying service requirements by working with the customer and product teams to establish the scope of services, timeliness, hours of operation, recovery aspects, and service performance. Perform gap analysis between customer requirements and available services.
Develop and maintain the service catalogue, including costs for different tiers of service performance. Draft, negotiate and refine SLAs with the customer, ensuring business requirements are met and gain agreement from all necessary parties. Measure SLA performance, reporting results and adjusting and services as necessary.
Service Desk Management
Take overall responsibility for incident management and request fulfilment on the Service Desk. Own the Service Desk Knowledge Base which should list solutions for common incidents. Report to senior managers on any issue that could significantly impact the business. Provide an escalation point for both external and internal customers. Develop, maintain and publish Service Desk performance metrics, including average response time, first-contact resolution rate, and average time to resolve.
Responsible for ensuring application systems are up and available for use according to the conditions of the Service Level Agreement (SLA). Ensure that business availability requirements have been captured (catalogued) and then subsequently reviewed regularly. Ensure the most cost effective contingency plans are put into place and tested on a regular basis. Ensure that service availability failures are identified and appropriate actions are taken to protect service availability according to the SLA.
Own the division’s customer relationship portfolio ensuring that all staff members are aware of it. Ensure that as a division we understand the needs of existing customers and establish relationships with new customers. Create and perform end-user satisfaction surveys and develop plans to improve customer satisfaction. Provide an escalation point for both external and internal customers in matters of service delivery. Monitor and handle customer complaints and instigate corrective actions.
Ensure that all services have agreed and effective processes to support the end user to include on-boarding customers to the division’s services and end user training.
Change Advisory Board
Be a member of the CAB as a representative of the customer to ensure submitted service change are correctly assessed and prioritised.
Indicators of Success
- All systems and products are monitored, maintained and supported to a high level of customer satisfaction
- End-user satisfaction ratings are published
- Service-level goals being met and exceeded
- Service catalogue has been established, published and a process to keep it current is in place
- Customer relationship portfolio has been established, published and a process to keep it current is in place
- Service Desk Knowledge Base has been established, published and a process to keep it current is in place
- Relevant degree and/or evidence of continuous professional development in an IT role
- Demonstrable experience and evidence of success in an IT management role with multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience and/or good knowledge of IT functions
- Line management experience, particularly with managers or other senior resource
- ITIL Foundation Qualification and preferably ITIL Service Lifecycle – Service Operation
- Experience of presenting to clients, boards and executive teams
Essential Personal Qualities
- Enthusiastic and positive – “can do” attitude
- Resourceful and outgoing
- Highly innovative
- Good sense of judgment
- Driven by desire to make improvements
- Demonstrates personal integrity
- Collaborative - communicates to staff regularly and engages them
- Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and respond to them
- Must be willing to learn new skills, tools and techniques.